Martin Kaye Artist CV
Born in 1964 and brought up in the historic market town of Ruthin in Denbighshire North Wales. Educated with a BEd (Hons) from Trinity College Carmarthen.
Design and production of the Stonleigh Mural for Porthcawl Town Council 1994
Work accepted and exhibited at the Northern Exhibition of Wildlife Art 1996 and the
National Exhibition of Wildlife Art 2000.
One Man Shows:
- Out of Africa at the South Road Gallery Porthcawl 1996
- All Washed Up at the Silures Gallery Porthcawl 2001
- Cross & Kaye – Shared Exhibition with Graham Cross at the Silures Gallery 2011
- Postcards from the Vale of Glamorgan at Living Coffee, Cowbridge 2012
- The Heritage Coast at the Traveller’s Gallery, Barry 2014
Work exhibited and held in the collection of the Art Academy Suprasl, Poland
I’m a project based artist working with colour, varied media and line to portray recognisable subjects in an individual way.
I’m currently interested in making landscape, townscape and seascape cartoons based on places I know well. To achieve these cartoons you’ll often find me with my sketch book. Working outside to capture and develop an image always works best for me. I use water-colour pastels, pencils and ink to give me the vibrant colours and sharp details that I like.